- This event has passed.
Carbondale Turkey Trot – RACE IS FULL
November 26 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
RACE IS FULL – PLEASE NOTE THERE IS NO DAY-OF REGISTRATION! IF YOU ARE NOT REGISTERED AHEAD OF TIME, PLEASE DO NOT SHOW UP DAY OF HOPING FOR A SPOT. WE WILL NOT BE ACCEPTING ANY DAY-OF WALK UPS.
When: Thanksgiving Morning, Thursday, November 26
What: 5K Fun Run or 1 Mile Fun Run
Start Times: Every 10 min beginning at 9am with the last start time at 10:30
– 10 slots available per start time
Cost (same for either 5k or 1 mile fun run):
– Pre-Register: Adults $12 / Youth (3-17)/Seniors (62+) $7
– Race Day Registration: Adults $15 / Youth/Seniors $10
– Children 2 and under are free and do not need to be registered
– 2020 swag for first 50 registrants
– 2020 finisher medal for first 75 registrants
– Race is limited to 100 racers
Pre-Register: Adults can register online click here for REGISTRATION LINK
– Youth/Senior registrations call 970-510-1290 to get the $5 youth/senior discount
Checkin: At the Carbondale Rec Center Overhang no more than 10 min prior to your start time (come ready to run)
– You will get your race bib and 2020 swag if you were one of the first 50 people to register
– Masks are required for Check in and please maintain a 6 foot social distancing space
– The Rec Center bathrooms will be available (single occupancy only)
– A hands free water bottle refill station will be available
Race Start: 10 people spaced 6 feet apart (unless in the same household) will do a quick rolling start 10 min later the next 10 will go.
Course: One way running loop from the Rec Center to Rio Grande trail.
– Course covers dirt single track, dirt/gravel, and asphalt
– Racers will be on different paths, but the paths will all pass each other multiple times. So come dressed in your best Thanksgiving Turkey Trot outfit and ready to cheer each other on from a safe distance.
Race Finish: We will cheer you in by the Rec Center Front door then you are free to go.
Post Race: Due to COVID we ask that congregations do not form. We will post/contact the race results/winners on the website Monday, Nov 30th. Now you can get home to a well earned Thanksgiving meal.
– Masks required to check in and when interacting with staff or when you are within 6 feet on a non household person
– 10 min, 10 person, and 6 feet staggered start times
– Wash hands
– Don’t come if you have any flu like symptoms or do not feel well. Call on the 27th and we will refund your money
– Adhere to all signage
– Keep 6 feet apart from all non family members (give space if you are passing someone on the trail)
– Hand sanitizer is available at start and finish lines