Carbondale's monthly celebration of the arts, shopping, dining and music, the popular First Friday's activities in Carbondale just expanded this summer, thanks to the efforts of the Carbondale Chamber of Commerce and the volunteer Carbondale First Fridays committee. As a group, we are working hard to expand this established community event to encompass Main Street, the Third Street Center, and the Highway 133 corridor.
May 2, 2014
First Friday in May is all about fun in the sun! Join us for the Spring into Fun Family Block Party at the Village Smithy and 3rd Street from 4pm to 8pm! Enjoy playful activities for the kiddos courtesy of the Carbondale Recreation & Community Center, Arts & Crafts by the Children's Rocky Mountain School, and meet some of C.A.R.E.'s sweetest adoptables! Live music, prize drawings, and food and drink will be available! Proceeds benefit valley recreation, early childhood education, and our local animal shelter.
Then, be sure to check out the annual Lulubelle Fashion Show, which takes place on Main Street at 7pm, with music from DJ Mayfly starting at 6pm.
Click here to "Like" the First Friday Facebook Page
Interested in participating as a business? Email Andrea for more informaiton.
Carbondale's First Friday has been featured in a number of publications, including:
- Carbondale's creative secret sauce, Colorado Biz Magazine.com, September 19, 2012
- Carbondale First Fridays, Aspen Daily News, August 3, 2012
- New year, new beginning for First Friday, Post Independent, January 5, 2012
- T.G.I.F: Carbondale Injects New Life into First Fridays, Aspen Daily News, August 5, 2011
- First Fridays continues with 42 businesses showing their stuff, The Sopris Sun, August 4, 2011
- New First Friday unfurls itself July 1, The Sopris Sun, June 30, 2011
- First Friday goes triple threat this month, The Sopris Sun, June 2, 2011